VTE is estimated to be the second most common medical complication, the second most common cause of excess length of hospital stay (LOS), and the third most common cause of excess mortality. Standardized early recognition protocols are inexpensive, readily available, and effective methods to prevent VTE.
Our APSS outline actionable steps healthcare organizations should take to successfully implement and sustain behavior change for high reliability, shared understanding, thorough communication, and meaningful person-centered care across the organization.
Actionable steps include:
- Executive Summary Checklist
- Leadership checklist guide to determine whether current evidence-based guidelines are being followed in your organization
- Performance improvement plan to follow if improvements are necessary
- Clinical workflow for preoccupation with workflow for areas of improvement
- How to educate patients and family members about the significance of their role throughout the continuum
- Guidance on how to measure outcomes