Achieving ZERO Will Require Action from All Of Us
We want to build momentum to demonstrate that patient safety should be a priority for everyone involved in healthcare! Organizations who commit to ZERO believe in taking ACTION by publicly displaying their commitment and joining the collective action to build momentum for patient safety, together!
We also want to create public demand for safe and reliable care. We will do this by:
- Listing every organization that believes in this vision in order to inspire action and encourage the public to seek care from those that have shown that patient safety is a priority
- Sharing the list with policymakers so they can see which organizations are leading the pack, and
- Encouraging healthy competition between hospitals and healthcare organizations and challenging those who have not yet made this public commitment
Benefits of Committing to ZERO
Virtual Performance Improvement Workshops
Individuals from organizations who commit to ZERO have free access to our virtual performance improvement workshops. Objectives covered in these interactive sessions include developing basic project management skills, completing current state assessments through observations and data analysis, determining root causes using standard improvement tools, prioritizing and planning change, and understanding the impact of human factors on effective implementation and sustainment.
Free Publicity & Tools
We will shout your organization’s name and your commitment to ZERO from the rooftops! We want others to step up and be just like your organization – brave pioneers on the road to safe and reliable care. You’ll also be featured on the map below.
We’ll provide you with:
- A sample press release,
- Sample social media posts to showcase your organization’s commitment,
- Digital badge of recognition for your website or even a billboard,
- A certificate of recognition for making a commitment to ZERO,
- Opportunities to guest blog about your organizational successes through our Patient Safety Blog, and
- Opportunity to highlight your successes through our virtual Shared Learning Network so that other patient safety professionals around the world can learn from you.